Friday, December 9, 2011

NO OVERTIME

Four-and-a-half hours. That is as long as I made it today at work. The forty minute car ride is not included in that time. I ran out of energy very quickly and ended up napping for a couple of hours at my in-laws home which is only four miles from our work. My husband finished out his day and we came home. I am trulyl hoping that car rides will become more comfortable as time passes, as it was an extremely painful ride home. The very end of my tailbone, where the new screws are, just ached and I got several jolting 'electrical shocks' to that area while riding home. We still went for a two-mile walk and I did the stairs and other therapy exercises. But I barely made it home. I had a few muscle spasms in my mid-left back. I do feel a bit discouraged. I know there are ups and downs with this. But I felt as though I was making rapid advancement and just like that I feel like it's only been a couple of days since surgery instead of three weeks. I would like to see some kind of study that explains why your energy level(s) wane so much after surgery. And truthfully this really isn't a major surgery in my book, as it is done on an outpatient basis. Maybe it's my impatience that makes this so hard to accept. I am so car ride shy that I even begged off going to the gym for bike riding tonight. Even though it is only four miles from our home I just am not in the mood for that kind of pain right now. I'm headed for the shower and an early bedtime tonight, as I only slept about five hours last night. Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment